4.30.2009

Making BabyFood

I'm crazy, I know... But, it's really not too bad! I decided to make Tucker's baby food for a few reasons...I like to cook, I own a food processor, we're trying to save money, and I have the time... at least now that I only have one child :)

CARROTS

Steaming...


Food Processing...


Pureeing...


Ice Traying...


Then, the ice trays go into the freezer...once frozen, you pop out the cubes of food and store in ziploc bags in order to free up your ice trays! I just take out one or two cubes to thaw a few hours before a feeding. One bag of carrots filled almost 3 ice trays which will be at least 15 feedings...this cost around $4 (organic carrots) compared to $15 of the same amount of organic baby food jars! I'm saving A LOT, putting forth a little time and effort, and feeding my baby fresh, yummy food!

2 comments:

Byerly said...

So fun. I made Chesson's baby food too. I would spend about 2 hours, and I could make enough food for 3 weeks. We saved a ton of money.

andreak said...

i think its FABULOUS!
good for you!

andreaburtt