Today I walked through life with my friend... It was a hold a child's hand while blood's being drawn, walk laps around the hall until the baby stops crying, hold down baby while his whole body gets xrayed, talk to doctors, get no answers, sleep-deprived kind of day.
I got to spend a little more than 24 hours with my best friend Sharon and her little BOY Bosten at Duke Children's Hospital. What a tough place to be. Everywhere you look there is another story of a life that has been hit hard by health issues. It is so surreal that my friend is one of those people and it is even more difficult that they are in the middle of a long journey of the unknown. This is certainly one of the more difficult things I've ever walked through with a friend, yet it is something that will forever mark our friendship and our lives.
Let me tell you something about my friend Sharon... She is an AMAZING mom. She is so patient even though the crying is enough to send you over the edge...She is calm even when everything around her is telling her to be stressed out...She is full of smiles for her little boy even though she is sleep deprived...She is TRUSTING our God with her little boy, even though it would be easy to take it all into her own hands. I am being challenged and shaped by watching her go through this trial and I could only hope that I would persevere like she is in this valley. To me, this is what LIFE is all about. Walking together--in the trenches and up on the mountain tops. What a gift that we don't have to live this life alone. This is a tough road, but there's nowhere I'd rather be than walking right beside my friend.
Please continue to pray for sweet BOSTEN and Ryan, Sharon, and Elle. Keep up with the latest updates on their caring bridge page!

1 comment:
You are such a great friend! Sharon is so blessed to have you in her life. I know you feel the same about her. Love you!
Post a Comment