4.14.2009

Sand in my toes...


It's so funny to me how pictures make everything look great and easy... As readers of the blog, you don't always get to see or hear about the "behind the scenes" that has to go on to make the pictures possible. This was one of those times...

We were excited for Tucker to have his first moments on the beach... We got a HUGE bag packed up with toys, towels, burpcloths, hats, sunscreen, etc... We had a big umbrella to provide shade for Tucker's oh-so-white-never-seen-the-sun-skin and the camera in tow, of course. When we got out to the beach and the men began the process of getting the umbrella to stay in the sand and it was just not happening...it was very windy so it kept blowing over and we didn't know any secret tricks to getting the umbrella to stay. In the meantime, Tucker is getting sleepy, he spits up all over me and the blanket, and I'm realizing that all of this work to get out to the beach is about to be wrapped up in 5 minutes.

We managed to take these few pictures...which my boy is not happy in...and I quickly took him back to the house to take his nap. Thankfully Pops stayed inside with him so I could go enjoy the beach for a few hours!

All that work for just a few minutes was of course, worth it to take these few cute pictures of Tucker at the beach! I can't wait to make many more memories at the beach this summer!




No comments: