Well, I'm sitting on a couch in Missouri, which means we survived our road trip! Yesterday, we packed up the car, once again, to take our longest trip yet with Tucker... Most of Brad's family live in Missouri and everyone but his parents had yet to meet Tucker so we had lots of people waiting for us to visit! We (or I) have definitely been a little anxious about how he would do in the car for that long, but he really did pretty well. We had lots of great stops along the way yesterday and today which broke up our trip a lot! We first stopped in Knoxville yesterday to see our friends Laura and Frank. It was such a treat becuase they just had their second boy 4 weeks ago and I was so excited to meet little George! Even though he's just 2 months younger than Tucker, they seemed so much different in size!
After visiting with the Leonards, we went to our friends Hannah and Will's house to spend the night. It was great to catch up with Hannah and as you can see, there was lots of Tennessee pride in their house...couldn't resist the picture with the "T" pillow that was so much bigger than Tucker!
This morning, we started off the day with a bang when I locked the keys in our car! I've never done that in the 4 years that I've had my car and of course it would happen when we're out of town and trying to get on the road! But we had a great experience with roadside assitance and got on the road to make our way to Nashville. It snowed almost the entire drive! We stopped for lunch to visit with the Purifoy's. Michael and Brad were college roommates and we always love when we get to see them and their boys! It's so funny how so many of our friends have BOYS!
Leaving nashville, we had about 4 hours to go and needless to say, they were the longest and toughest hours. Tucker was so ready to get out of the car seat and that I wanted to get out of the car is an understatement. I'll admit it, I don't really do well on long road trips... But we made it and Tucker is sound asleep and will be glad to be back in his routine tomorrow I'm sure! We'll be visiting with lots of family and probably staying in doors most of the time due to the freezing temperatures... tonight the wind chill is supposed to be -5 degrees!

No comments:
Post a Comment