1.08.2009

2 years ago...

Today marks the 2 year anniversary that Taylor was diagnosed with Luekemia. For those of you who don't know, Taylor is the youngest of the 4 boys that I took care of these last 4 years. Before that life-altering day, he was just like any other 2 year old going to the doctor to find out why he couldn't get over a winter cold. That day would forever change his life and the life of his family. As I have said so many times before, I had the incredible priviledge of being right in the middle of their family during this crisis and a front row seat to all the ways that God would show himself faithful to this little boy that I love so much!
Taylor is doing great...He is in remission and still undergoing treatment in hopes to remain that way. There are struggles still, especially with all the side effects of the chemo and other medicene that he takes, but he still remains an energetic, happy 4 year old! Although I don't get to see him every day now, we don't go too long without hanging out and he treats Tucker like his little brother, which is precious to me!
Melissa, Taylor's mom, just wrote a recent entry on Taylor's caring bridge page and it is a little update as well as some great perspective on all they have been through. You will be blessed by reading her words!

Taylor and I when I was very pregnant!

No comments: