1.01.2009

4 Years of US!

4 Years ago...


Well, it's Happy New Year for all of you, and it's Happy Anniversary to us! In some ways, it's a little weird to have our anniversary on this day, especially since it's the biggest football day of the year (what was I thinking?!?!), so a lot of our day seems to be spent on the couch and we make plans to really celebrate on another day (and we are getting to go out tomorrow night :)... But, it's also a great day because starting a new year is such a great time of reflection on the past and hopes for the future and we love the chance to do that in our marriage as well as in other areas of our life!
It's hard to believe it's been four years... It's also hard to remember life without each other and so much has gone on that it feels like it has to be longer that that! But, something tells me that if we could have guessed or hoped where we'd be in four years on that day that we said "I do", it probably wouldn't be too far off from this... Living in a city we LOVE...surrounded by friends that make us laugh, challenge us spiritually, and share in the deepest parts of life with us...with families that love and support us...settled into a dream house...hanging out with a puppy that loves us to death...and staring into the eyes of our beautiful firstborn son... Life is good--really good... We are blessed beyond measure and God has certainly given us more than we could ever have asked or imagined for!
I'm so thankful for Brad as my husband and my best friend... He is steady, faithful, loyal, an amazing servant, a "jack of all trades", my handyman, a great cook and a great maid :), a great listening ear, my sound of reason and perspective, and the best person to be lazy with on a Sunday afternoon! I love Brad for so many reasons, but lately, I have just loved him so much as I've watched him become a Daddy to Tucker...He is so sweet with him and I cannot hardly wait to watch their relationship grow over the years... Tucker has quite a man to be following in the footsteps of!
Today, we celebrate our life together and look forward to so many more years...Here's to us!

Here is a picture from each year of our marriage...

'05...at the Redskins game with the Gibbs

'06...at Fenway Park on our Boston trip

'07...on the Amalfi Coast in Positano, Italy


'08...5 days after we had Tucker!

Here's to another great year of Mr. and Mrs. Fiehler...

4 comments:

Byerly said...

Happy Anniversary!! I can't believe it's already been 4 years!

Anonymous said...

Happy Anniversary! We love that we have gotten to celebrate each year with yall and be there when it all started! Hope yall are having a great day celebrating and that Brad loved the video!!
ashley

The Leonards said...

Happy Happy Anniversary! Great pictures...what a handsome couple!!

Anonymous said...

Happy Anniversary!!! You've done a wonderful job w/this blog-Missed you all in Missouri this year.