11.13.2008

Tucker Weekly


It's been 5 weeks since Tucker was born! I'm not happy that time is going by really fast but I am thankful that things seem to get a little easier as each week goes by! We have had a better week...but unfortunately, Brad got a sore throat a few days ago and passed it on to me...I have been laying low today and can't do anything more than whisper right now :) So, this would explain being a day late on the "Tucker Weekly"... Hopefully we'll be well soon and Tucker will not get sick!
Tucker is doing great! His infection is better in his mouth but we think (and the Dr. said) that he might be having a reaction to the antibiotics I have been on (I'm stopping them today)...he has been really gassy and seems uncomfortable when he's eating and he has NEVER had a problem eating before so hopefully we'll see a difference in a few days. It has been frustrating to watch him be so uncomfortable so I'm looking forward to things back to normal! But, he continues to be much more alert--staring at the fan, lights, our faces...it is so much fun! We think he has flashed a few smiles but he isn't doing it on a regular basis quite yet :) He really likes his nightly baths now and he's sleeping great in his room! He loves riding in the car and sleeps the entire time when we're out doing things which I'll enjoy as long as it lasts :) And as we shared in his 1 month stats, our boy is growing and he just looks so big to me! I am loving being his mama and feel like we're all figuring out more of what our life looks like now. It has been challenging in so many ways but we're learning a lot and having so much fun with Tucker!

In this picture, Brad has just swaddled Tucker before bed. He takes this swaddling thing seriously, taking pride in doing it perfectly...and I can never do it as good as him, of course :)

2 comments:

The Leonards said...

tucker's expression is so cute in this picture! i can totally see brad getting into the swaddle!! it is an important skill:) glad you are feeling better!!

Anonymous said...

leave it to the engineers to get the swaddling down to perfection ;-).