11.06.2008

Aaaaaaahhhhhhhhh.....

That is how we feel tonight after the wonderful gift of a DATE NIGHT!!! That's right... a real date, Brad and I...no Tucker...out at our favorite restaurant... I've definitely never appreciated this so much! Recently, the Gibbs gave us a gift card to our favorite local place to eat--131 Main--and along with that, they offered to be our first babysitters, encouraging us to take them up on it in the first month of parenthood. So, tonight, we cashed it in--just a few days shy of Tucker's 1 month birthday--and we were so thankful! Like I mentioned in the last post, it has been a tough week and in a lot of ways, leading up to going out tonight felt like a little more work and stress than it was worth, but of course, it was SO WORTH IT! On the contrary, it probably came right at the perfect time. We enjoyed some yummy dinner and even splurged on our favorite key lime dessert as well. Our "babysitters" that came in the form of 4 little boys, are so sweet with Tucker. They really do treat him like a little brother that they want to nurture and take care of and I LOVE to watch it! I just picture Tucker trying to keep up with them as soon as he gets on his feet! I couldn't imagine anyone I'd rather have "babysit" Tucker than Melissa... So, thanks guys for the great gift of dinner...a night out...and for lovin on our boy!

1 comment:

Cook Family said...

Yay for date night! Good for you for going! :)