So, I need to vent. Not that I haven't already vented enough, because I have exhausted this topic (sorry Brad), but I thought I would let off a little more steam.
Back in May, about 6 weeks before we were to move into our new house, we ordered some new furniture. We have a family friend that owns a furniture store, so we were able to order a few different things through them and they basically act as the "middle man" between us and the furniture manufacturers. We successfully got all of the furniture we ordered throughout the last few months, EXCEPT our couches. We ordered a couch and a love seat, as well as a chair for our living room. The chair has a pattern on it and is "piped" in a chocolate brown fabric--the same brown fabric as the couch and love seat. If you're bored already, hang with me, these details matter :) So, we get the chair and we love it. We continue to wait for the couches and after a few months of "vague communication", the furniture company let's us know that the fabric that we ordered to go on the couches is back ordered and they will have to get back to us in August to let us know when it comes in and when we can expect to get our couches. Why it takes a month and a half to tell someone something is back ordered, I don't know. This was SO frustrating because if we had known it was back ordered, we could have ordered something different, but we didn't and we had already received the chair with the matching fabric (see I told you it would be important later) so, we're feeling stuck with the couches! I didn't think I could get any more angry at this point at the lack of communication and poor business that we're dealing with, but yes, it continues to get worse... So, August comes and goes... we're in communication with our "middle man" but he can't get any honest answers from the company. Did I mention I have had a few complete crying breakdowns up to this point (only because I'm pregnant of course)? Well, the saga finally came to an end yesterday when Brad got a call from our "middle man"...he broke the news that he had just officially found out that the furniture company was BANKRUPT! Our fabric wasn't on back order, they just couldn't afford to order it! And they waited almost 4 months to tell the truth! Uuuuuuurrrrrrrrrrrggggggggghhhhhhh!!!!! So, here we are, stuck with our cute chair in need of finding couches to match and still using our old couches that are comfortable, but not so cute with the chair :) To some degree, we are relieved that this part of the process is over but just frustrated over all the wasted time that we could have had new couches! So, this weekend, we're on the hunt, and dangit, we will find some new couches! If I sound like a brat, please forgive me, I'm pregnant, emotional, trying to nest and these people have been in my way!
On a reflection note, I am really disappointed in how much situations like this seem to rattle me. I hate for my expectations to not be lived up to, I hate to get disappointed, and I hate for my plans to be interrupted. To say the least, this all seems to bring out the worst in me and I must admit, it's pretty ugly. I will continue to try to take deep breaths (thanks to Brad's prompting) and try to get a little perspective... Life is certainly much bigger than new couches or anything else we possess for that matter. I have so many other things to be thankful for and to find my security and hope in... So, I'll make my prayer this, Lord, help me not to place all my hope, expectation, and plans into anything or anyone else but you... and when I do fail and rely too heavily on these other things, give me the grace and perspective to acknowledge you and how you forgive me even though I make the same mistakes over and over. Amen.
Green Zucchini Bread
6 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment