I don't know if you remember the couch incident, but I don't really have a good track record with furniture companies, getting new furniture, or anything else in this realm! After not trying to get anything new for a long time, it seems my run of bad luck continues. A few months ago, we decided to order a bench for our den. There's a place against our wall where it will fit perfectly and it is also a storage bench, so it will be a great place to hide some toys. We ordered it from Ballard Designs, which has great stuff......but, we're not too impressed with them right now. When we originally ordered the bench in December, it was on back order until February. No big deal. In February, I got an email saying it was going to come a few weeks later, in March. Still, no big deal. I was so excited when I saw the big box on my porch 2 days ago, a little earlier than what they had predicted. We took all the pieces out (it requires a little assembly) as well as 1,000 pieces of Styrofoam. Just as Brad was reading the directions (he's one of those guys) and beginning assembly, he realizes we are missing one of the little baggies that is supposed to be included. This baggie happens to hold the 8 bolts that hold the entire bench together. AWESOME. This is a BIG DEAL. So, since Brad is still on crutches, I move all of the pieces to the top of our dining room table by myself, where they will probably collect dust while waiting to be assembled. Brad called Ballard (he didn't really want to unleash me to the customer service) and they proceed to tell us that the bench is still back ordered and we will not be able to get our ONE part until the benches come in, IN MAY. Seriously people? So, today, Brad got a product service guy on the phone--the first person to show some understanding--and he explained the size of the bolts and assured us that we can probably find the pieces we need at a hardware store. He said we could even send them the receipt and they'll reimburse us. A little redemption for Ballard there...
So, we'll head out this weekend in search for our bolts and assembly will hopefully take place. Cross your fingers for us that it works because I am not going to be a Happy Camper, or should I say customer, if it doesn't!
Awaiting my bench,
Nicole

No comments:
Post a Comment