8.10.2009

I like it green!


If you're into verde salsa (green) and like avocados, this recipe I found recently is yummy! It's refreshing and quick and easy (especially if you have a food processor)!

Avocado Salsa Verde

Ingredients:
1 small onion, quartered
1 jalapeno, quartered, seeds optional (I only used half and it still had a little "bite")
1 garlic clove, smashed
4 medium tomatillos, (about 8 ounces) husked, rinsed, and coarsely chopped
1/2 Hass avocado, peeled, seeded, and cut into chunks
3/4 teaspoons kosher salt
1/4 cup loosely packed fresh cilantro leaves, coarsely chopped

Directions:
Put the onion, jalapeno, and garlic in a food processor and finely chop. Add the tomatillos, avocado, and salt and pulse until chopped but still chunky. Transfer to a bowl and stir in the cilantro.

Last night, we had these with shrimp tacos (just put a little Old Bay Seasoning on the shrimp and sauteed in olive oil) and it was delicious! We ate the leftovers with chips, of course!

Enjoy!