6.02.2011

Hadley Weekly!

Hadley is 20 weeks old! This week has felt like the type of "marker" week I'll remember because of 2 things...

One, I dropped Hadley's late night feeding so she's officially sleeping 12 hours all on her own! Can I get an Amen? In the world of nursing, dropping a feeding feels so freeing, not to mention being able to go to bed earlier. So proud of my girl :)

Two, the elimination process has come to an end. Thankfully, I reintroduced gluten this past week and it seemed to agree with her! So, out of corn, dairy, soy, and gluten, Hadley CANNOT handle dairy and soy. This is still going to be a challenge and a sacrifice no doubt, but it feels a little less overwhelming that it is only 2 of the allergens. It's also just such a relief to know what's bothered her. I'll probably do another post on the elimination as a whole, but all in all, I am so thankful that it worked--that I can really say with confidence what makes Hadley uncomfortable.

Otherwise, Hadley just seems so happy right now! This is such a fun stage of lots of smiles,laughing, and pure contentment most of the time. She still takes 4 naps a day--3 (2-hours)--or that's the hope at least :) and a shorter cat nap around dinner. She goes to bed around 7:15-7:30 and sleeps until 7:30-7:45. She's still moving a lot in the crib--the sleep positioner helps but she can still get out of it if she wants to.

She started sitting in her exersaucer (or exersauce as Tucker says) this week! Her feet don't quite touch the bottom (welcome to my world Hadley) and she leans forward a good bit, but she seems to enjoy being upright with all the fun toys. She still loves her playmat and is content to sit in the bumpo with a few toys as well! She loves to have something in her mouth and the drooling has officially begun.
We love you Hadley girl!

No comments: