
Yesterday, on January 17th, 2011, sweet baby GIRL
Hadley Griffin Fiehler
entered into the world!
It all started yesterday morning when I woke up at 7:30 am to my water breaking... Nothing too "dramatic" but enough to make me know things were moving along. It was quite a feat to get Tucker and Grey fed, ready, and out the door in a hurry... As I packed Tucker's snack and juice cup while having contractions, I knew things were a little more hectic than last time :) By the time I arrived at my doctor's office at 9:30, they confirmed my water had broken and that I was 4 cm! They sent me straight to the hospital and I started to notice more contractions. Labor seemed to move along pretty slowly once I got settled in. I got my epidural, they started a little pitocin, and we waited... Around 3:00 when I still wasn't progressing much more, they gave me a little more pitocin in hopes of pushing things along. Within 15 short minutes, I went from being 6 cm all the way to 10! I began pushing at 3:15 and Hadley arrived just 10 minutes later at 3:25! This was shocking after a 2-hour pushing experience with Tucker...I deserved this, right? :) As soon as my midwife held her up, she said, "Daddy, what is it?" to which Brad told me it was a GIRL! Aaahhhh...after all the months of waiting and anticipating what this baby would be...what name it would be called...and whether or not we would have to buy a whole new wardrobe, we met our baby girl...and we were beyond thrilled!




Tucker arrived soon after to pay Hadley her first visit. He was not uninterested but not too engaged either. Mommy's hospital bed buttons were a little more exciting :) He was a little out of it since he had just been getting over a cold/cough and he had skipped his nap at the Gibbs house yesterday... All this combined led to him throwing up on the hospital room floor right before they were about to leave to go home! We couldn't believe it! He was pretty pitiful and we quickly saw them out the door so we could sanitize the room and Mommy before Hadley returned from the nursery. It was a pretty dramatic ending to a long day but on a very cute note, Tucker says "Havvy" and it absolutely melts my heart!
More pictures and stories to come... We are thankful for great care at the hospital and visits from our family and friends! We love our newest addition!

3 comments:
Congratulations on your new baby girl, Nicole! Sounds like we have very similar labor/delivery stories and just a day apart! Best of luck to you and your family of 4!
Yay Nicole! She is just beautiful. Congrats to you and Brad.
Congradulations Nicole, Brad and Tucker! She is BEAUTIFUL! How fun that you have one of each!
Blessings, Nancy Markle (amy's mom)
Post a Comment