This day last year, I celebrated my first Mother's Day since I had a baby in my belly... It's crazy to think about how I had no idea then what I know now about the joy of being a Mama! I had no idea that I was having a boy, what his name would be, or how he would steal my heart. This morning Brad gave me a card and at the end of what he wrote he said, "You have found your calling". It's like he put into words exactly how I feel (and gave me the biggest compliment ever!)... I'm so thankful that I LOVE being a mom and feel like I was made for this! 7 months into this, I am so in love... And I have learned a few things...
1. Drive slow over speed bumps when you have a sleeping baby in the car (or avoid them all together if possible).
2. I can get a full day's work done during a 2 hour nap!
3. Tucker's giggle can turn my whole day around!
4. To appreciate all my diapers that my mom changed!
5. I've never needed more patience...
6. A baby can't cry forever.
7. Marriage can be sweeter and harder all at the same time.
8. "Firsts" never get old!
9. There is no shame in singing at the top of my lungs and doing a silly dance, if it will make my boy smile!
10. I can try as hard as I can to make this predictable, BUT... (this sentence could be ended in so many different ways!)
On this day, I'm grateful for the privilege of being a Mom to Tucker... No one else was made for this job but me... AMAZING!
We are also so grateful for our moms today as well... Thank you for the way you have loved us well for all these years and for the ways you love Tucker now too! We can honestly say that we appreciate you much more now after these 7 months!

1 comment:
i LOVE #9
andreaburtt
Post a Comment