7.25.2008

Seaside, take me away...













We just got back from a great time of vacation with my family at the beautiful Gulf Coast in Florida! We have never been to that area before since we had plenty of beaches around North and South Carolina growing up, so it was fun to go somewhere different...and to be in the states and see white sand and blue water! We were at Seaside Beach, which is this cute, quaint area with so many fun restaurants, shops, and places to walk around! This is where they filmed "The Truman Show", so you can imagine how "perfect" everything looks around there! I like to pride myself in loving "local flavor"...I love to avoid chain restaurants and find the local "mom and pop" places that have great stories and great people running them. Seaside was one of those places where you couldn't find a fast food restaurant and store with a name you recognized and I LOVED that! I won't soon forget the Modica Market, Bud and Alley's, the Seaside Store, and so many more! We ate well, relaxed well, sweated well, and had a great time together (all 8 of us!). For all those people who said I was crazy for going to hot Florida, 7 months pregnant...well, you were pretty much right, but I did survive and let's just say I frequented the pool A LOT! Enjoy these pictures from the trip... Thanks for a great time ya'll!


...and of course we had to get Baby Fiehler a souvenir (thanks Mom!)

1 comment:

Christi Scholl said...

I'm glad you had a great time. Nathan and I celebrated our anniversary at Bud & Alley's. It was fun to see your pictures. Stay cool.