3.22.2009

Weekend of Firsts!

Tucker must be at the age where a lot is changing... he is growing up and having lots of firsts these days!


Friday night was a big night for all of us... It was my first night away from Tucker and Brad's first night alone with Tucker! My church was having a women's overnight at a hotel in downtown Charlotte and it was only Friday night into Saturday afternoon so it was a nice, quick trip for my first time away from my boy! You know I have a great, hands-on husband when I didn't even have to give him instructions before I left. Brad is so aware of what we do with our day and how to take care of Tucker and that gave me total peace of mind as I was away from him. Everything went really smooth while I was gone and the "Tucker report" was always a good one! It was such a gift to me to be able to stay in a hotel room with no kids around... Thanks babe for being a great daddy!


Today, Tucker SAT UP on his own for the first time! He sat in between my legs, so I could support him, but he leaned on his hands and held himself up for a few minutes! I'm sure he'll be able to do it all on his own very soon!



Tonight, we let Tucker eat in his high chair for the first time! He did great and these days, he's eating his oatmeal better and better!

And lastly, we replaced Tucker's infant carseat with his convertible carseat today! It was SO sad to put it away in the attic...as if we're kissing this newborn stage goodbye. He hasn't ridden in it yet, but he is sure to look like a big boy now!

Our boy is growing too fast!

3 comments:

Byerly said...

What a big boy!! This is such an exciting time with so many new firsts!

andreak said...

yay!
i am so happy for you that you got to spend a night away!....and so proud of brad for being able to hold down the fort...and so perfectly!! yay brad!!

andreaburtt

Cook Family said...

what a smile! priceless!!!! i think he looks a lot like anthony! :)