Well, we have survived week 1. And for any of you who are parents, you know what I mean when I say survive :) Sleep has been little, poopy diapers have been in abundance, and there has been little time to do anything "for ourselves". But, don't think we've ever experienced more joy, more contentment, and more gratefulness as we have gotten to know little Tucker this week! I am so taken by him and overwhelmed that I have the priviledge of being his mom. It has definitely been so much more than I could have ever asked or imagined for!
So many of you have checked in and asked about the details...so hope this will satisfy your wonderings... When Tucker left the hospital, he weighed 7 lbs (birthweight 7 lbs, 8 oz). We had a weightcheck appt for him on Monday and he was already back up to 7 lbs, 3 oz, which is great! He is eating like a CHAMP and mama is "producing" like a champ, so we are so thankful for that! He's a little jaundice, but it seems to be getting better each day. He's a great sleeper, aside from the occasional hours at night that he's wide eyed and refusing to go back to sleep. He is most content wrapped up in a blanket and in someone's arms. He has a pretty strong head and bobbles it around pretty frequently. His cry is more like a pig's squeal and even gives an occasional snort :) He HATES to be changed and screams at the top of his lungs every time you do it--no fun! We don't think he looks exactly like anyone, but we have decided he looks like Brad around the mouth and seems to favor me with his "small" facial features. My favorite feature are his lips...they are so cute and kissable! We have had such a fun week getting to have my family here--my parents, who will now be Pops and Gigi, Beth and Anthony and his girlfriend, Lindsey. We will be sad to see my parents leave tomorrow but are so excited for Brad's parents to get here on Thursday to meet their grandson for the first time! They will be here for a week or so and we are so thankful for more help!
Thanks again for all the calls, emails, comments on the blog and just for faithfully checking in on us during this exciting time...we feel so loved and it means so much to us how loved Tucker already is by our friends and family! He is so precious...can't wait for you all to meet him!

6 comments:
You are glowing! Enjoy that sweet little boy, he is so precious!
So glad your first week has been so wonderful! We have been praying for you. We love the "bob" stroller. Also, glad to see Tucker's sweet little BOY outfits:) Looks like someone's been shopping...let me guess who! There's nothing better than sweet little boys!!! Love you!!
Congrats on your one week anniversary! Your post brings it all back -- what a blessed, beautiful, euphoric and exhausting time. Love the photos! Is that red hair I see on little Tucker? He is absolutely precious!!
Ann
Thanks so much for the detailed update! I can't wait to see him again. I agree that my favorite part is his mouth. Adorable!!
he is so beautiful! I just want to squeeze him ! We have the same car seat...it's a cute one :)
I am SO happy for you guys. He is absolutely adorable - I mean really really cute! I was just looking at that picture of you holding him thinking how strange it must feel to say "this is my son". How new a different and overwhelmingly wonderful, we're happy for you both!
Post a Comment