Well, anyone who has talked to me lately knows I've been doing A LOT of packing... we're closing on our new house tomorrow, so we've just about got our entire house in boxes or some form of packaging. As I have been in the midst of this process, I've had several moments of delight. You see, I have a deep satisfaction in starting a task and completing it...like bubble wrapping and paper coating, fitting things perfectly into a box, and closing it up with the perfect amount of tape (double tape that is). There is something about putting away things neatly in a box, sealing it up, and not seeing it anymore. (I know this is making a lot of you "unneat people" want to punch me through the computer :) But, isn't life like this? I love to organize and pack up all of my struggles, thoughts, and issues into boxes, double taping them to ensure that no one is able to see what's really going on... And unfortunately, I've gotten pretty good at this strategy. So, I continue on my slow-paced journey of learning the hard way, of course (is there any other way to learn things?), that I am loved--NOT because I "have it all together", but actually because I'm quite a mess and am in great need of THE ONE who does have it all together... I'm so thankful to people in my life that love me this way and to my God, who happens to be passionate about people with "junk" in their lives. I hope I can grow to be more comfortable with "my junk" out sometimes for other people to see, knowing that I'm not defined by how "neatly my boxes are packed". And at least for now, maybe I'll just be reminded of this when I'm unpacking all of the boxes in the new house! You are sure to see a mess if you come visit us anytime soon and I'll try really hard not to apologize for it! :)
2 comments:
Hey, this is Seth and Rebecca's friend Erin. Craziness that I found your blog through some friends. You will be in my thoughts and prayers as you embark on a new journey in life. Sooo excited for your upcoming arrival! Mommyhood is the best!
thanks erin! hope things are going well with you also!
Post a Comment