It was June of 2004, 4 years ago...Brad and I had begun the process of "looking" for new places for him to live in Huntersville and since we knew we were going to get engaged sometime soon, we knew that new place would also be "ours". We looked with our realtor for just a weekend when we stumbled upon the neighborhood we loved and a few houses as well. We weren't prepared to buy something right away since we wanted to get engaged first, but we found our house--the perfect house for us--and it was a great deal we just couldn't pass up. We signed some papers and began the buying process. Who knew the ring would come so soon after... It was Saturday, June 12--six days after we signed a contract--and I thought it would be a good idea to go take some measurements at the new house. Brad used what I thought was "my plan" to work up a scheme that I was clueless about! We showed up to the empty house...walked in...only to find a few things, including a vase of one of my favorite flowers, gerber daisies, awaiting us. It took me a minute to clue in, but before I knew it, Brad propped me up on our kitchen counter and said some nice things that I definitely can't remember now before he asked me to be his WIFE! It was such a sweet moment and such a big marker in our lives since we were sitting in our first house and thinking about our new life together!
This is a huge part of the reason why moving out of our first house is a little bittersweet. Sure, I loved our landscape and our paint colors and some of our neighbors... but it will be the sweet memories of starting our life and marriage together that come to mind when we remember our house on Spruell St.
So, just on down the road, literally, we are settling into the new abode and we love it! We feel so blessed and are excited as well to think about this new season of life of starting our family in this house! Good times are ahead...
Green Zucchini Bread
6 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment