It really seems like the diet has been helping. The major change has been her poop (sorry folks--this is probably TMI)... it went from dark green (a typical symptom of allergy/intolerance) to being completely yellow and normal now. Before, she also was struggling to poop, only going every few days and always very gassy. Now, she goes almost every feeding...like most breastfed babies and I rarely notice gas. Our hope is that it is an intolerance that she will grow out of as opposed to an allergy, but only time will tell. I have been doing the full elimination diet for 3 weeks now. After the 4 week mark, I will start adding one allergen back in, one at a time, for about 5 days at a time. So, it will take about a full 2 months to figure out what the culprit is and honestly at this point, it's kind of feeling like a game that I can't wait to figure out :) The diet has definitely been challenging but I'm also very amazed that I've been able to do it!
Hadley is becoming more and more interactive. She still only stays awake for about 45 minutes at a time, taking 3 naps plus a little cat nap around dinner time. She blows raspberries, she has the BEST smile, and she follows people with her eyes now.
Hadley got to meet one of my favorites this week, Amy. It's so fun that we both have a little girl!


No comments:
Post a Comment