2.14.2011

Hadley Weekly!

Hadley is 4 weeks old today! And week 3 was challenging... Hadley had a few hours each night that she seemed really uncomfortable and there was lots of screaming :) She was never doing this during the day and it usually occurred after 8ish or 11ish. We were curious if she was colicky and the verdict is still out, but the consistency at night was leading us to think it was this as opposed to something I was eating, etc. There were some long nights and some even longer days since I was running low on sleep. Thankfully the last 2 nights have been a little better, so I'm holding out hope that week 3 will not repeat itself :)

We spent our first days alone this week! After having SO MUCH GREAT HELP, we started trying out life just as the 4 of us! Besides me being really tired, it has actually gone really well! Tucker seems to be adjusting great to Hadley and is sweet in his interactions with her. Since she sleeps so much during the day, she isn't interrupting his life too much at his point :)
Routine seems to be forming around here which I love! Hadley's still not predictable at night but we're trying to start her day around 7:30 and she eats every 3 hours. She takes pretty good 2 hours naps between feedings and we've started to work on her soothing herself to sleep. She has started going 4 hour stretches at night and even 5 sometimes--this makes such a big difference!
Hadley seems to be filling out and not looking so tiny anymore! I could absolutely eat her cheeks :) We are loving our sweet girl!

No comments: