2.13.2011

Celebrating Liam...

On January 24th, Liam, "Prince Liam the Brave", that is, lost his battle with cancer. He was the inspiration behind Cookies for Kids Cancer and will no doubt continue to inspire many more people to raise more funds and awareness for pediatric cancer! I never had the privilege of knowing Liam, yet like so many, my life is greatly impacted by his. I'm grateful that a crisis can be turned into something beautiful....I'm grateful that Liam's parents, Larry and Gretchen, chose to do something purposeful in the midst of their suffering...I'm grateful that I can be a small part of the movement to help more kids fighting the same way Liam did...

Tomorrow, on Valentine's Day, there is a memorial service for Liam in New York City. People all over the city, including NYC firemen, will come together to celebrate his life. All over the country, people will be celebrating his life as well! In the Charlotte area, several Ben and Jerry's are donating part of the profits to Cookies for Kids Cancer. In the Raleigh Durham area, 2 restaurants--Poole's Diner and FullStream Brewery, are donating ALL of the profits from their Valentine's Day to Cookies! If you'd like to do something in honor of Liam's life, host a bake sale in your area or donate to Cookies here!

Read more about Liam's story here.

Rest in peace sweet Liam.

No comments: