We're expecting Baby Fiehler #2! We're so excited! We found out a few weeks ago and today we were able to have our first appointment and see this little one on the ultrasound! The baby is so small right now--about the size of a green olive actually--and you can already see it's features! If you can tell by the picture, it is a profile of the head and to the right of the body is it's little arm! I am 9 weeks pregnant today and due on January 26th! Tucker and the baby will be about 27 months apart which we think will be a great age difference! We are so thankful and blessed to be given another little one to love!I wanted to share quite an amazing story from our doctors appointment today. I usually see the midwives at my practice but sometimes they're unavailable and I'll see a doctor, which was the case today. He was a nice guy and we were just having small talk throughout the appointment. In the middle of the ultrasound, he asked us if we went to church anywhere. Interesting, I thought. We told him we did and soon after he walked over to Brad, began writing on his prescription pad, and said to him, "I have an assignment for you". He says, "I want you guys to read Psalm 139 together...Read it out loud to each other." He then began to quote different truths from this passage. Next, he said, "Google the word 'laminin'. You will be able to see a picture of it under a microscope". Then, he said,"Read Colossians in Colossians 1, where God says He holds ALL things together". As we were trying to pick our jaws up off the floor to say thank you, he patted me on the back and said, "Lord, bless this baby".


WOW. Did you just read all that? I am still shocked by this encounter and can hardly tell the story without crying. Today, God spoke to me and reminded me that I AM NOT IN CONTROL of this baby...no matter what's going on with me or how much I try to make everything okay, it is GOD who holds everything together and he will hold and form this baby together WITHOUT my help along the way. Wow, did I need to hear that. I'm so thankful for this doctor who listened to the "nudge" to speak truth to us and thankful to my Lord who knows just how to reassure me. I'll leave you with what I found when I googled "laminin" as well as the scripture that I was encouraged with today!

"Laminin is a cell adhesion molecule. It’s the stuff that holds the membranes of our bodies together. This is a diagram of what laminin looks like above. Isn’t it something that the shape of the “glue” that holds us together is in the form of a cross? Yes, as Psalm 139:14 says, we are fearfully and wonderfully made. And we do have such an awesome God that is in ALL the details of our life. Such details as shaping the glue that holds us together in the form of a cross." (taken from this website)
You can also watch this youtube video with an excerpt from a sermon on this amazing truth...
1 Colossians 16 – 17 says,
“For in him all things were created: things in heaven and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or powers or rulers or authorities; all things have been created through him and for him. He is before all things, and in him all things hold together.”
Psalm 139:13-16
For you created my inmost being;
you knit me together in my mother's womb.
I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well.
My frame was not hidden from you
when I was made in the secret place.
When I was woven together in the depths of the earth,
your eyes saw my unformed body.
All the days ordained for me
were written in your book
before one of them came to be.
Click here to read the rest...

7 comments:
wow!!!!!!!! what an incredible experience! God is so good and we thank him for this precious new gift to you and brad and tucker! love you!
first CONGRADULATIONS!!! and what a gift from that wonderful godly man who happens to be a doctor! wow! what a sweet gift to you and brad. my paster just taught this very thing about a month ago. it was amazing then and more amazing when i saw it today. i loved the reminder from louie giglina that God holds you in His hand and carries you though...no matter what the circumstances. i know this but what a wonderful reminder today...
blessings to you, brad and tucker.
Nancy
incredible! he is such an amazing Dr. and it is such a blessing to have a couple Dr.s in that practice that are believers! praying for a sweet healthy baby!! wonder what it is?!
Congratulations Nicole, Brad & big brother Tucker!! Thank you for sharing your experience from your appointment! Oh how wonderful are His ways of speaking to us! Praying for a beautiful healthy baby :)
Congratulations Nicole and Brad! Thanks for sharing such an incredible experience. Our kids are 27 months apart and it is such a gift to see how they love each other. I'll be praying the same will be true in your family!
Congrats! What a neat experience to have with a doctor, thanks for sharing! Praying for baby Fiehler!
Congrats Nicole! Our boys are 27 months apart and Camden and Holt! We love the age difference. This had to of been Dr. G at Charlotte OB?
Post a Comment