1.01.2010

Holidays with Friends

Yesterday, Brad went to the Tennessee bowl game in Atlanta (I decided I would start the New Year off with some good wife points) so I was planning on hanging low with Tucker for New Year's Eve. It was such a fun surprise when I found out my friend Jen and her little boy had to come into town for something (without her husband as well) and needed a place to stay! So, we spent the afternoon with our other college friend Rebecca and her family and then Jen and I ended up at home with our boys for the night--Micah is just 3 months younger than Tucker! We tucked them in, put on our comfies, turned on a girly movie, and talked the night away. What a sweet way to ring in the new year!
Us with Rebecca and Luke and Jen and Micah
(P.S. Rebecca just found out she is expecting another little boy in May! By May, between the 5 of us college girlfriends, we will have FIVE boys! Guess we already had enough estrogen in this group :)
Tucker and Micah!
Hard at work together...
Last week, I also had my annual get together with some of my old Young Life girls...now that they're all working in the real world, it's a little harder to find a day that works for everyone, but it was great to visit with a few of them! I met these girls when they were 15 and I was 21... EIGHT years later, I'm so thankful to call them my friends! Love you girls!
Cameron, Melanie, and Madalyn!
And finally, it was fun to see some friends while we were in Missouri... we don't have pictures of everyone, but we did get a picture with Jim, Rose, and Adrian--Jim was like a brother to Brad growing up and it's fun to see them when we're in town at the same time! Rose is expecting a little girl in a few months! Great to see you guys!
So thankful for this time of year that seems to allow for seeing old friends!

No comments: