I love justice. Maybe a little too much. This is a good thing and a very bad thing all at the same time. When someone is wronged, I love to see it "righted" and I love to see the "good guys" win... But, I also have wrong desires of "getting even" and wanting people to have to pay for what they've done. I'm often ashamed of these feelings but at the root, I just don't like to see people suffer and I don't like to just sit back and "do nothing". Of course, I'm thankful that I serve a God who is the ultimate Judge and who also has a heart that hurts for the suffering much more than I do... I'm learning to trust Him more to "take care of the bad guys" and not take things into my own hands.
Why all the deep thoughts you ask? Well, last night, Brad and I got the GREAT treat of going to the movies! We had our friend Haley (a Young Life leader here), come over while Tucker was sleeping and we snuck out to a great movie and a bucket of popcorn for the first time since Tucker was born (Oh, how life has changed)! We saw Gran Torino... This is a wonderful Clint Eastwood film (who is an amazing 78 by the way!). It is a beautiful story of sacrifice in order to make justice happen...love for people that are a little bit different than you...and the sad reality of suffering that's going on in the world. It is well worth your time and money to go see this one!
Check out the trailer...
Green Zucchini Bread
6 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment