5.05.2012

Hadley Monthly

 Hadley is 14 months old!  This picture of her above is her in a nutshell-- ON THE GO!  This girl never stops.  Our days are full of shutting doors, putting up gates, childproofing kitchen cabinets, and making sure things aren't on the edge of the counter.  To say she is adventurous is an understatement and she is curious on every level.

Hadley enjoyed her first Easter (since last year she was too little to notice).  She attempted to gather a few eggs and followed big brother, of course.
Hadley with a bow in her hair-- a rare occasion.  I have to distract her while I'm putting it in or she'll take it out immediately.  If I'm lucky enough to get it in, it's usually minutes before she figures it out and  rips it out. Maybe one day?  :)
Oh, I love these baby snuggles!  Hadley is busy but when she slows down, she LOVES to snuggle and sit close.  I have to soak up these few and far in between moments.
This month she accomplished the ride on toys all by herself.  She's very proud :)
A sweet time of our day is after afternoon naps... Tucker loves for Hadley to join him in bed and Hadley doesn't mind either :)
Hadley learned how to eat out of her snack trap on her own. This is a lifesaver when we're on the go or just trying to keep her occupied.  She of course tries to pull the lid off (Tucker NEVER did that--the simple difference between these two :), but we haven't had too many puffs disasters in the car.
Sweet moment-- Hadley loves her "dede" and sucking her finger... JUST like big brother.
And she loves her Daddy.  Daddy is a little smitten with her too :)
The scowl.  We were introduced to that this month.  I won't say which parent she learned this from :)
Hadley, you are a joy.  You are busy, but you are a joy.  Who knew a 14 month old could be so physically demanding.  Thankfully you sleep like a dream and the long night of 12 hours that you sleep is a nice break for this tired mama!  You are happy, silly, and carefree.  You love to eat and will try just about anything.  Your favorite foods are sweet potatoes, pancakes, sausage, applesauce, and anything cheese!  You still love your bottle--3x a day--and it's hard to imagine stopping that anytime soon, although we will probably need to.  You are more shy these days, purposefully being hesitant when someone approaches you. You are sad when I leave you but seem to quickly bounce back.  You are taking a shorter morning nap and a good 2-3 hour afternoon one.  You love going on walks and playing outside.  You cry when we come in.  The TV nor anything else holds your attention more than a few minutes... you are busy.  Have I mentioned you are busy?  But, you are sweet and your cheeks are so edible that I must kiss them 100 times a day.  We are thankful for you!



No comments: