12.30.2011

Tucker Monthly

Tucker is 38 months old. "Old" is the key word. He seems like such a big boy these days which is of course, bittersweet. I love his independence, curiosity to learn new things, and the way he is in conversations... but I am seeing my "little boy" fade away a little too quickly.

Tucker LOVES to help Daddy cook. A few times a week, he helps Brad cook an "egg in the hole". He loves to get his "rapron" and stool and get down to business. I love to watch these two :)This was Tucker enjoying a treat at Kilwin's - a yummy store that sells fudge, chocolates, and other candy treats. This has become known as "the treat store". We've noticed right now that Tucker names stores by what we buy there. For example, if we buy a bib at a store, it's automatically the "bib store".
Christmas has been so sweet with Tucker this year. It was fun to get out all of our Christmas decorations including the beloved Little People nativity scene. This was one of several creative additions this holiday season :)
Tucker went to his buddy, Carter's 2nd birthday party. Carter loves firetrucks and he actually had a real firetruck visit the party. All of the kids loved it! They had hats, masks, and were able to crawl all around the truck.
This month there were a few fun firsts. First school performance and first church performance (more in another post). This officially made him seems so old and I had several flashbacks of doing this as a child. As predicted, he was pretty shy--not singing the songs as well as he did so loudly at home :) But, during both performances, he eventually warmed up a little which I was happy to see!
Church performance... in Christmas PJ's!
I wish I wrote down all the funny things that come out of Tucker's mouth. This age is hilarious--he's so great at communicating what he's thinking, constantly giving us the play by play of what he's doing, what he's thinking, or what questions he has. He's still so observant and curious of everything around him. He remembers the most random things and it truly is hard to get anything past him.

He still loves diggers but anything from the CARS movie is coming in at a close second these days. He is using his imagination a lot these days and he's content to play with his cars. He likes to watch Mickey Mouse and Handy Mandy and this month, lots of Christmas shows. He loves to sing and I catch him singing songs he's learning at school and church.

Speaking of school, he loves it! I feel like he has learned a lot and seems better socially from being there. We are THRILLED with how this Fall has gone there.

And Tucker is still pretty sweet to Hadley. This month as Hadley became more and more active, she was much more into his stuff which was not popular with Tucker! We've had to talk about sharing and "keeping your hands to yourself" daily and sometimes hourly. But, outside of those moments, he seems to genuinely enjoy being around her and constantly wants to give her hugs. It's sweet to watch them interact more and more now that she's getting older.
We love you Tucker man! Life is better, busier, more entertaining, and more funny with you in it!

No comments: