10.09.2011

36 months!

T H R E E
~3 6 M O N T H S~

How did this happen? It's hard to believe that 3 years ago, I had labored all through the night, not knowing how it was going to be possible to actually get a baby out of my body, all ending with the surprise of our baby BOY coming in to the world. It was love at first glance of course, especially with this lips. In that moment of tear stained eyes and overwhelmed hearts, we had no idea all that the next 3 years would hold...how we'd be smitten, challenged, and stretched...how we'd be more experienced, more patient, and more in love with our little boy.

He turned 1...
He turned 2...
And now he's 3!
Things I want to remember about the beginning of 3...
He hates when things end...playing, shows, anything...it's like a guaranteed meltdown.

He still loves all things construction and is excited about being a "worker guy" for Halloween!

He's starting to love cars and racing, thanks to the movie, CARS.

His favorite books are Roadwork (an old favorite), the Jesus Storybook Bible, and Charlie the Ranch Dog.

He's a great big brother and calls Hadley "sweetie" most of the time. He also tells me often, "Mom, I keep a eye on Hadley".

He goes to preschool on Mondays and Wednesdays and has loved it so far! His teachers, Ms. Becky and Ms. Ann seem to be a perfect fit for him and he loves his best buddies in his class, Max and Miles.

He can play with the same toy or do the same activity for hours at a time... he is "down to business" as we like to say when he is focused in on something he enjoys.

Some funny phrases he says are:
"Yea yea, I know"
"I don't believe it" (about anything and everything)

He likes to sing "Jesus Loves Me", "My God is So Big", and "I'm Free", of course.

He still has a crazy memory, always amazing us with details he doesn't forget.

He seems to be growing a little taller and thinning out. He mostly wears a 3 but some things are a 4. He wears a 10 1/2 shoe.

This age is sweet and challenging. Tucker can melt me and make me want to scream all in the same 5 minutes. I'm going to be praying for lots of patience and perseverance through these critical discipline months. Hopefully the funny things he says, the sweet kisses he gives, and the bond we share will help me forget the times of trial.

No comments: