8.26.2011

Tucker Monthly(s)

The summer months have come and gone and documenting our adventures has not been a strong suit :) Tucker is 34 months old and I'm going to attempt to remember the highlights from the last few months with our little man.

All in all, Tucker is just shy of his 3rd birthday and seems to be in full effect with all the challenges that can come with this stage. Through the years of taking care of other kids, I always found that 3 was harder than 2... and I can definitely say it was easier dealing with other people's 3 year olds! :) His will is strong, his attitude is developing, his vocabulary is sharp, and his meltdowns are unpredictable. These days, discipline and "rearing" feel nonstop and exhausting at times but I'm trying to remember that the consistency will be worth it...

We had a lot of beach these days these summer and Tucker loves it...the sand, the water, and riding the golf cart :)
Tucker is a great big brother to Hadley. He says "Hey Sweetie" all the time to her...since Brad says that. He loves to snuggle with her in his bed and when she cries, he'll say, "I'm here, Hadley, I'm here." They're starting to interact more now that Hadley is playing with toys on the floor with him. She'll be forcing Tucker to learn about sharing daily since her favorite toys seem to be the diggers :)
And speaking of diggers, they are still the love of his life. We'll probably be making plans soon to have a birthday party that somehow involves these...
Tucker and Max - Best buddies!
We had a "sleepover" with Max, as Tucker called it, and it was fun--especially bathtime :)
And there was play-along-with-Zac Brown-time...
I don't have pictures to prove it but Tucker has been playing soccer on Saturday mornings with Daddy. He's in a little 2 year old league and although it doesn't involve actual games, he loves going and I think he's learned more about listening in a big group...hopefully good prep for preschool!

He loves Mickey Mouse Clubhouse, Lightening and Mator, construction sites, his "big dee dee", ketchup, "He's got the whole world in His hands", reading, swimming, giving hugs and kisses, and pushing Mommy's buttons :)

We love you Tucker!

No comments: